Florida Leasing Tenant Qualifications
Here prospective Tenants can read our Florida leasing tenant qualifications in order to lease one of our luxury homes for rent.
Rental Qualification Criteria
RENTAL APPLICATION POLICIES AND RESIDENT QUALIFICATION CRITERIA CLEAR VISION REALTY & ASSOCIATES (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS CVRA) DOES BUSINESS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE FAIR HOUSING ACT, SUPPORTS AND COMPLIES WITH ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL FAIR HOUSING LAWS, AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, CREED, COLOR, SEX, RELIGION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, MARITAL STATUS, FAMILIAL STATUS, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED BASIS. CVRA IS THE MANAGING AGENT FOR MANY SEPARATE OWNERS; THEREFORE, POLICIES AT EACH PROPERTY MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE PARTICULAR OWNER’S PREFERENCE.
1. A separate Rental Application is required for each adult, eighteen years of age or older, intending to occupy the Premises. A clear and readable photo identification (driver’s license, military ID, State ID, passport ID) must be submitted with each Rental Application. Each Rental Application must be filled out completely and e-signed by the applicant via Docusign. Complete Rental Applications include: “Rental Application Policies and Resident Qualification Criteria,” “Rental Application Disclosure and Authorization,” “Rental Application,” and “clear and readable photo identification.”
2. A processing fee of $50.00 must be paid through J.P. Morgan Chase’s Quickpay service for each Rental Application:https://www.chase.com/quickpay ApplicantTenants do not have to have an account with Chase in order to participate in the Quickpay service. However, having an account with Chase would provide same day deposit vs. a non account holder’s deposit taking three business days to clear and be deposited (please keep this in mind in the future as rent payments are considered late once received past the third day of the month and will incur a late fee).
Submit to Recipient name: Clear Vision Realty & Associates, e-mail address: Leasing@ClearVisionRealty.com Personal checks and money orders are not accepted. When making payment, the exact amount is required. The processing fee is to cover the costs incurred while processing the application and is non-refundable at any time. No Rental Application will be processed without receipt of a processing fee. Rent, deposits or other fees are not accepted without an approved Rental Application.
3. Each applicant must provide valid current photo ID documentation (driver’s license, military ID, or State ID) of U.S. citizenship or immigration status. Applicants must provide their Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Rental Applications from applicants who are not U.S. citizens and who do not have the legal right to be in the U.S. will be declined. Rental Applications from applicants who are legally in the U.S. but cannot prove that they have the legal right to be in the U.S. through the entire lease term will be declined.
4. Rental Applications from other applicants are accepted until a Rental Application is approved. CVRA cannot guarantee that any unit viewed will still be available by the time the Rental Application is processed. Due to the fiduciary relationship CVRA has with Property Owners, if more than one Rental Application is submitted before approval can be achieved, then the best qualified applicant will be approved for placement, which may not necessarily be the first application received. Remaining qualified applicants may consider other properties available from CVRA’s rental list.
5. If the applicant is applying to rent a unit governed by a Condominium or Homeowners Association, the applicant may be required to submit a separate Rental Application and/or fee to the Association for processing and approval.
6. Reliable documentation and telephone numbers, including work fax numbers, for all income sources must be provided. Employment and income will be verified on all applicants. Applicants, including all others who are applying to rent the Premises as one household unit, must have a combined and verifiable gross income of at least three (3) times the monthly rent or comparable amount if income is tax-free. If monthly income does not equal approximately three (3) times stated monthly rent, additional deposits, guarantor or qualified roommate may be required. One (1) year of verifiable employment is required, or an additional security deposit may be required. Two (2) current paycheck stubs will be required. Some form of verifiable income will be required for unemployed applicants. Self-employed applicants will require proof of income from two (2) years tax returns, and last three (3) months of bank statements. Self-employed applicants will be required to produce upon request the previous year’s Tax Return (1040). Non-employed applicants must provide proof of income and/or financial ability. Applicant may, at applicant’s discretion, provide payroll check stubs covering a minimum of the last three months as additional documentation to assist in verifying current employment and income. All required documents are to be legible and submitted to: Leasing@ClearVisionRealty.com
7. All Rental Application information must be complete and verifiable. An application is considered incomplete for any of the following reasons: no current pay stubs, no current landlord nameinformation (including telephone and fax numbers), a partially filled out application, an unsigned application, or application missing signatures, no legible copy of all applicants’ driver’s license or required photo ID, or unpaid application fee for any or all applicants. Processing a Rental Application usually takes between two and three business days. Sometimes approval of Homeowners or Condo Associations, Property Owners, or unavoidable circumstances may cause processing to take longer. While CVRA will make reasonable efforts to verify the information provided, and will attempt to contact the applicant if there is a delay in verification, incomplete or unverifiable information may result in declining a Rental Application. Upon completion of processing the applicant will be notified immediately that the Rental Application has been approved or declined.
8. A credit report from a national credit reporting agency may be obtained on all applicants. We will not provide the credit report or tell applicants its contents; however, as stipulated by the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act we will provide you with the name of the credit reporting agency so you may receive a copy from the credit bureau. All information collected for the approval or denial of this application is considered confidential in nature and is for the internal company use to approve or deny application only. Such information will not be shared with third parties nor the Owner.
9. A history of bankruptcy is cause for rejection of a Rental Application unless the bankruptcy has been fully discharged and the applicant has established satisfactory credit history for at least two full years after discharge. Also, additional security deposit and/or guarantor may be required at the sole discretion of CVRA.
10. Any of the following by any person intending to occupy the premises is cause for rejection of a Rental Application:
- • Any conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of a sex offense.
- • Any drug related, sexual related, murder related, or arson related conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of a felony within the past seven (7) years.
- • Any conviction or adjudication other than acquittal of the illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance.
- • A history of illegal gambling; engaging in prostitution; illegal drug use; abuse of or illegal treatment of animals, or the manufacture and/or distribution of drugs, firearms, explosive devices, or pornography.
- • A history of violence or of threats made to a Landlord, Landlord’s agent, neighbors, or others.
- • Any history of any eviction actions or collection filed by a property management company or landlord, unless paid, which will result in an additional security deposit.
- • Any current three (3) day notice.
- • Any false information provided or incomplete application to include all required documentation and fees. Any exceptions to the above list of criteria, can result in a higher security deposit.
11. Residency must be verified for a minimum of the last twenty-four months with no interruptions. Rental history references must reflect timely payment, appropriate notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding disturbances or illegal activities, no history of violence or threats and/or intimidation of others, no NSF checks, no damage to previous rental units, and no failure to leave the premises clean and without damage at the time of lease termination.
12. Applicant must list each state in which residency has been established, including states where the applicant has attended school or received training, worked, or served in the armed forces.
13. As per guidance from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (“HUD”), maximum occupancy is two persons per bedroom. Persons under two (2) years of age are not included in the count. CVRA prohibits the rental of a single-family dwelling unit to more than three (3) unrelated adults. However, some city and county municipalities and/or Homeowners Associations prohibit more than two (2) unrelated adults to reside in a single family dwelling unit, in which case CVRA will follow the prevailing community guideline. “Unrelated adults” are those persons who are not related to each other by blood or marriage.
14. The full name of all intended occupants must be listed on the Rental Application. Applicant must list every other name or AKA (Also Known As) that has been used for obtaining or attempting to obtain housing, or credit, or for any other business purpose.
15. All animals, vehicles of any kind, and water-filled furniture, including aquariums, must be disclosed on the Rental Application, and proof of insurance (FS 83.535) covering Property Owner’s interest must be provided for any water-filled furniture/aquariums. Animals are permitted only on certain properties at the sole discretion and approval of the Property Owner. Only small to medium sized, non- violent, common domesticated animals will be allowed on any property that permits animals. Farm animals, snakes, other reptiles, exotic animals, and any large or aggressive animal will not be approved. Rottweilers, American Staffordshire Terriers (pit bulls), American Pit Bull Terriers, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Chows, Huskies, Alaskan Malamutes, Great Danes, St. Bernards, Mastiffs, and mixed breeds including any of the above mentioned will not be approved. If an animal is approved, a minimum $275.00 non-refundable animal fee per animal is required and additional security deposit of a minimum of $200.00 per animal is required. Also additional non-refundable animal fees or additional security deposits may be required at the sole discretion of the Property Owner. It is the policy of CVRA to waive animal restrictions in a case where an animal is necessary to accommodate a person with a disability.
No pets are permitted unless accepted by Owner. A clear and current photo (print) of each animal expected to reside on the premises must be submitted with the Rental Application.
16. If approved the applicant—including all others applying to rent the premises as one household unit, ex. Tenant—agrees to pay CVRA at the time of lease closing, a non-refundable transaction fee of $80.00 which shall be used to help defray expenses associated with providing Tenant a copy of Lease Agreement and Addenda, for providing Tenant a “Tenant Handbook” outlining instructions on caring for Premises and information on responsible tenancy, for preparing and delivering to Tenant at beginning of tenancy a Notice Regarding Security Deposit Monies as required by current Florida law, or as may be amended, for mailing to Tenant at termination of tenancy a move-out letter with instructions on how to leave Premises and how security deposit will be disbursed, and for preparing and mailing by certified mail to Tenant a Notice of Claim Upon the Security Deposit, if required, and any security deposit refund owed to Tenant as required by current Florida law, or as may be amended.
17. If approved the applicant must sign a Lease Agreement within one business day, and all monies due—rent, security deposit, animal fees, transaction fee, and any other sums due, if any—must be paid in full through J.P. Morgan Chase’s Quickpay service via https://www.chase.com/quickpay at the time of lease closing and prior to taking possession of Premises. In the event the applicant fails to sign a Lease Agreement within one business day after approval, it will be assumed that the applicant has withdrawn and the Premises will be offered to others. Again, Tenants do not have to have an account with Chase in order to participate in the Quickpay service. However, having an account with Chase would provide same day deposit vs. a non account holder’s deposit taking three business days to clear and be deposited (please keep this in mind in the future as rent payments are considered late once received past the third day of the month and will incur a late fee).
18. Applicant will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease closing in a minimum amount of one month’s rent. Security deposits are security for faithful performance by tenants of all terms, covenants and conditions of the lease agreement and tenants may not dictate that the security deposit be used for any rent due. In Owner/Landlord’s sole discretion, a higher security deposit, and/or additional pre-paid rent, and/or guarantors may be accepted in lieu of acceptable credit or landlord history. A guarantor must complete a Rental Application packet, pay the application fee, and be qualified in order to be a guarantor. Unless claimed due to a breach of lease of damages, the security deposit is refundable when the tenants move out of the property at the expiration of the lease term, except the $150.00 administration fee which is due to CVRA within 24 hours of an approved application. THIS ADMINISTRATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
19. Rental payments are due on or before the First day of each month. The CVRA late fee policy is $75.00 on the 2nd calendar day of the month and $5 per calendar day after the 2nd. It is important that rental payments are received the first day of each month by 5:00 PM at the end of the business day. A sample copy of the Lease Agreement is available for review. It is applicant’s obligation and responsibility to review the Lease Agreement prior to submitting an application to rent and is encouraged by CVRA.
20. Applicant acknowledges this instrument has been signed before any lease/rental agreement has been signed. Upon approval, it is applicant’s responsibility to provide the following through J.P. Morgan Chase’s Quickpay service for each via: https://www.chase.com/quickpay—at time of lease closing. Submit to Recipient name: Clear Vision Realty & Associates, e-mail address: Leasing@ClearVisionRealty.com Personal checks and money orders are not accepted. When making the following payments, the exact amounts are required:
- 1. Rent
- 2. Security Deposit
- 3. Transaction Fee
- 4. Pet Fee (if applicable)